5.25.2007

Batch Number Deaux



Here's my second batch of mini faux cupcakes, but this time with *SPARKLE*

I love that word.
Sparkle.

Say it with me now.
Sparkle.


Vanilla Buttercream




Pink Buttercream

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :



They look much more sparkly and fairy-ish in person.



Now, what to do with two dozen of these?

There's a cute shabby-chic consignment shop downtown.
Maybe my friend there will sell them?



Later that day......



This is the first time I've made REAL cupcakes in a loooong time.
I usually use one of my amazing bakery vendors.

But with making all those faux cupcakes, it inspired me
to try frosting with tips on the real thing.
This is the first time I've used decorator tips.
In the past, I would just slap the frosting on with a butter knife.

It's not so difficult...

UPDATE: YOU CAN GET THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE FAUX CUPCAKES FROM THIS EBAY SELLER. CLICK ON "ITEMS FOR SALE". USE THE BUY IT NOW FOR "FAKE FOOD".

Please do not email me for instructions.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

eNOUGH ALREADY, WE LOVE THEM! nOW please tell us where to get our own kit. You cant keep something so cute a secret.

Anonymous said...

I'm really curious how you are making the faux cupcakes. Are you willing to share the recipe?? Pretty please??? With sprinkles on top??? (I'll quit begging now)

The ParTea Planner said...

Because the instructions are copyrighted, I cannot share or distribute how to make them.

If you e-mail me (and please don't be "anonymous" - a blogging pet peeve of mine) I will direct you to the source.
~Risa

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

**S~P~A~R~K~L~E** Funny, Risa, but I often use that word in my ebay auctions for the antique mirrors I sell! Yep, I love sparkle & bling on most anything!

Lovely blog. I'll be back!

Stephanie

tm said...

Risa,
Itried emailing you but it failed so I hope you get this. I just wanted to say thank you again for the wonderful partea goodies. I know they are going to come in handy at the Bridal shower I am hosting. I have finally posted pics on my blog. Thank you so much again!!

Sentimental Roses said...

Risa, I love your cupcakes! You did a wonderful job and you can't tell the faux from the real!
Susan

Sugar Bear said...

The real and faux look delicious! You should start an online shop to sell them!
Karla

Rebecca said...

Oh Risa these are sooooo cute! Love them!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Risa they are gorgeous! luv em to bits!
and yes i did say SPARKLE and it sounded so, well...sparkley!!

LOl
xxoo

Sam I Am said...

oh my gosh..the torture..the pain..im drooling uncontrollably and NEED to eat all of these!!!!! lol
one word?
Y U M !

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the faux cupcakes....They are So beautiful and scrumptious. I don't know if I could have them on display as I would want to keep biting into them all day :) Of course I could solve that by having real ones on hand at all times :)

Anonymous said...

I love your space here... so gorgeous and what absolutely wonderful tea parties you must throw... These faux cakes are wonderful, is there a resource to purchase instructions.. I look forward to visiting often..

Unknown said...

I LOVE your faux cupcakes. I have been looking for directions all over the internet and cannot find any. I will email you for the information. VERY cute blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin